Throughout the years, the Young Leadership Council (YLC), has established a group of young professionals who are passionate in finding a cure and better treatments for dystonia and Parkinson's disease. By planning and hosting a variety of events, they are able to network amongst their peers, raise funds and increase awareness for this important cause.
Past Events Include:
Rebecca Taylor has designed the summer must-have "Short Sleeve Top with Lace" in honor of The Bachmann-Strauss Foundation with ALL proceeds from the sale of the top going to dystonia and Parkinson's research. Fluid and light, this relaxed fit top features lace detail inset at V-front and in the back, and a high-low hem.
Fashion Block Party on Bleecker Street, NYC
Friday, June 20 - Sunday, June 22
The Bachmann-Strauss Young Leadership Council helped to organize a block party on chic Bleecker Street (between Bank and Barrow Streets) in Greenwich Village. The block party will be held on Friday, June 20 through Sunday, June 22. Ten percent of sales from participating stores were donated to the Foundation raising nearly $15,000!
Participating stores included:
- Alexis Bittar - 353 Bleecker
- Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers – 351 Bleecker
- Cynthia Rowley - 376 Bleecker
- Diptyque - 377 Bleecker
- GANT Rugger - 353 Bleecker
- LuLu Guinness - 394 Bleecker
- MM6 Maison Martin Margiela - 363 Bleecker
- Mulberry - 387 Bleecker
- Robert Graham - 380 Bleecker
- Sucre - 357 Bleecker
- Van Leeuwen Ice Cream Truck - Bleecker bet. Perry & Charles Sts.
- WiNK - 305 Bleecker
- Stop into NARS Cosmetics, 413 Bleecker, for a free makeup application
- "Cocktails and Conversations": a series of small cocktail parties hosted at different venues featuring experts from the worlds of finance, medicine, science, journalism, start-ups, fashion and beauty.
- Matthew Williamson Fashion Fundraising Event: UK's leading fashion designer Matthew Williamson, hosted an event at his New York emporium on March 22, 2012. 20% of the proceeds from the evening's sales were given to the Foundaion to fund medical research. Over $15,000 of sales were generated in just a few hours.
- Rebecca Taylor NY & LA Fundraising Events: Renowned fashion designer Rebecca Taylor teamed up with the YLC to host three tremendous fashion fundraising events at their New York and Los Angeles stores. The Bachmann-Strauss Foundation received 20% of the proceeds for all sales produced during the event and event a few days after the event. Due to these successful events, Rebecca Taylor has donated nearly $20,000 to the Foundation to support medical research.